Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
While not usually fatal, slip and fall accidents are sometimes extremely harmful with serious injuries like broken bones, torn ligaments and head concussions. Paralysis and death have also been seen in slip and fall accidents.
When slip and fall accidents occur on premises belonging to another person or entity, you could be eligible for compensation. A slip and fall accident lawyer can show that the owner of the premises was negligent in maintaining the premises leading to your slipping and falling. Generally slip and fall accidents require the services of a personal injury lawyer to reach a settlement.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents?
You could be eligible to file a compensation claim if you slip and fall because of the following:
- Wet and slippery falls that are not roped off, or where there is no warning
- Plumbing leaks that make the floor flooded and slippery
- Leaking container that pours fluid on the floor making it slippery
- A loose wet object like a rug or banana peel on the floor
- Lack of textured matting to cover a slippery surface
- Poor lighting
- Icy surfaces on walkways, parking lots and other outdoor walking areas
What To Do After A Slip & Fall Accident
If you are in a condition to do so:
- Take photos of the accident scene to preserve the evidence
- Measure the hazardous area if possible
- Take details of any witnesses
- Report the incident to the premises supervisor or manager
- Seek medical attention (This should be the first step in case of a very serious accident)
- Contact a personal injury lawyer to launch an investigation and file for compensation.
Proving Fault Of Accident
In a slip and fall accident, the burden of proving fault lies with the accident victim. You have to show that the owner of the premises or property was negligent, which led to conditions that resulted in your slip and fall accident.
A slip and fall accident lawyer can help establish the facts of the case, proving that the owner was at fault.
The Owner Is A Relative Or Friend
It is not uncommon for accidents to occur in homes or premises belonging to relatives and friends. If the owner has homeowner insurance, these types of accidents are covered. Remember that when you file for compensation, you sue the insurance company, and not the relative or friend. A slip and accident lawyer is able to explain these facts to your relative or friend, taking away embarrassment and conflict away from the claim.
Ng Sidhu Personal Injury Lawyers
Ng Sidhu Law has a team of experienced lawyers who have successfully handled slip and fall accidents before. Our lawyers will be able to launch an investigation and file your claim quickly ensuring your rights are protected. If you require the services of a professional personal injury law firm contact Ng Sidhu Law for a case evaluation.
Manslaughter is defined as a committed homicide without the intention of causing death. Manslaughter can lead to a life-long prison term, with a minimum sentence of 4 to 7 years if the accused is found guilty. Two kinds of manslaughter are an unlawful act and criminal negligence. An unlawful act is any crime committed that unintentionally lead to the death of another person. Criminal negligence is defined by a deliberate illegal inaction, which caused the unintentional death of another. For example, a person can neglect the fact that they are impaired, decide to drive, strike a pedestrian and kill them. The choice to drive impaired is negligence, while the pedestrian’s death is considered an act of manslaughter.